tirsdag 9. mai 2017

The importance of joy - a time for everything *

NORSK
Jesus prepared the disciples for the fact that they for a little while would not see him no more, and then for a little while they would see him again. After a lengthy explanation of what this meant, he said:
“So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.”
John 16:22
There is no doubt that the joy is easy to discover in the stories recorded from the 'repair period' between Easter and Pentecost.

I know there are things in my life that can ruin my joy. In my teens I read that the antithesis to joy is not sorrow, but sin. Over the years I have experienced sorrow from time to time. People can also hurt me, but the joy of having Jesus in my life, no one is able to take away from me. On the other hand, I have almost managed to lose joy completely on my own. That is when I have permitted sin into my life.

Even though I have some concerns and worries, the joy flows in my life an inner stream. When I approach Jesus and he comes to me and we see each other, this blessed joy will come to the surface.

‘Manna’ for today

Because he lives I am filled with joy, and for this joy I live.
-------------------------------
'A time for everything' is connected with the Bible's teaching about a 'season for every activity' Eccl 3 This series is about the teaching in the ime between Easter and Pentecost

Ingen kommentarer: